Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition and an important part of Nila Ayurveda’s treatment package.
The tradition is 5,000 years old. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment. Yoga is harmony between man and nature, and a holistic approach to health and well-being.
Yoga and Ayurveda are two complementary disciplines that have been practiced together for thousands of years. Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that emphasizes the use of natural remedies, dietary changes and lifestyle practices to promote optimal health and wellbeing. Yoga is a holistic practice that involves physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to promote physical, mental, and spiritual balance.
When practiced together, yoga and Ayurveda can have a powerful healing effect on the body and mind. Together, these two disciplines can help promote optimal health and wellbeing by addressing the root causes of disease and imbalance.
Here are some of the benefits of practicing yoga in relation to Ayurvedic treatment:
- Improves digestion: Yoga poses such as the spinal twist and forward bend can help improve digestion and stimulate the digestive system. Ayurveda also emphasizes the importance of good digestion, as it is the foundation of good health.
- Reduces stress: Yoga and Ayurveda both recognize the negative impact of stress on health. Yoga’s relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and meditation, can help reduce stress and promote relaxation. Ayurvedic treatments such as massage and herbal remedies can also help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Boosts immunity: Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of maintaining a strong immune system. Yoga can help boost immunity by increasing circulation and promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid. This helps the body to eliminate toxins and pathogens more effectively.
- Balances hormones: Yoga and Ayurveda can help balance hormones by promoting healthy digestion, reducing stress, and improving circulation. Ayurvedic herbs and supplements can also help balance hormones naturally.
- Enhances sleep: Yoga and Ayurveda both recognize the importance of good quality sleep for overall health and wellbeing. Yoga’s relaxation techniques can help promote better sleep, while Ayurvedic herbs and remedies can help address underlying sleep issues.
- Supports detoxification: Ayurveda recognizes the importance of regular detoxification to maintain good health. Yoga can help support the body’s natural detoxification processes by improving circulation, promoting lymphatic drainage, and stimulating the digestive system.
General health benefits through the practice of yoga:
- Yoga improves general wellness by relieving stress, supporting good health habits, and improving mental/emotional health, sleep, and balance.
- Yoga relieves low-back pain and neck pain, and possibly pain from tension-type headaches and knee osteoarthritis. Can also reduce chronic pains.
- Yoga helps people who are overweight or obese to lose weight.
- Yoga helps people quit smoking and other addictions.
- Yoga helps people manage anxiety or depressive symptoms associated with difficult life situations.
- Yoga relieves menopause symptoms.
- Yoga helps people with chronic diseases to manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.
- Yoga builds muscle strength and enhances flexibility.
- Yoga promotes better breathing.
- Yoga supports better heart health.
- Yoga improves sleep and eenhances an overall well-being and quality of life.
Panchakarma and Wellness Center
Kayakkunnu P.O, Panamaram
Wayanad, Kerala-India 670721
Monday – Saturday
09:00/9am – 18:00/6pm
Please email us or send us a message via WhatsApp